Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Face the Facts, Rodney, the guy you admire is incompetent (and fictional)

If you haven't been following the story, Rodney Stafford's daughter, Tori, has been (allegedly) abducted in Woodstock.

The story, itself, has taken a number of weird turns and there are accusations abound. However, a story that appears in today's (May 19th) London Free Press talks about Rodney "searching for himself" and what has happened in his life leading up to the abduction. The story claims that his search has come to THE logical conclusion.

Rodney apparently finds "god" - though he's "not a huge bible thumper or huge believer in higher powers", he knows something saved him the day he rolled his car into a ditch.

He returns to the scene of the accident to see what he can salvage and everything is covered in mud except, miraculously I'm sure, two bibles (Apparently god's word can't be dirtied any worse than it is - and I'd have to agree with that).

Near the end of the article, it states "Stafford wonders aloud why, with all the prayers and vigils, that higher power that saved his life isn't bringing his daughter home."

STOP WONDERING, Rodney, your "higher power" is incompetent (or doesn't exist - I'd pick option #2). Don't you ever wonder why "he" let you crash in the first place? Or why it is that god hates other people who die in car accidents? (I know, I know, it's because of gay marriage that god randomly punishes other (non gay) people - it makes complete sense.) Your "higher power" was awfully nice to let your daughter be abducted - if I were you, I'd call "him" my best friend.

As I've said before, in a previous posting, "Pray, it's the least you can do!"

No comments: