Friday, December 11, 2009

Harriet Hall: The End of Chiropractic

A reader of my blog just forwarded me a link to Harriet Hall's article on Science Based Medicine.

I have some "posts in progress" that I haven't had a chance to finish - doing research is a lot more work than simply making stuff up - regarding Chiropractic but, until then, head over to The End of Chiropractic on the Science Based Medicine blog.


Anonymous said...

Is this for real? Chiro doesn't actually work? Ive been to them before and I think it works.

sarniaskeptic said...

Anonymous - I've got to a chiropactor too and they helped me as well. The problem was that the chiropractor didn't do chiropractic on me. I could have achieved the same results by going to a physical therapist.

Other "help" from chiropractics is achieved from the placebo effect though the science doesn't even support a manipulation being as good as placebo - you really should follow the link and read the article.