Thursday, January 13, 2011

Skeptics in Sarnia/Lambton

In response to a comment that was posted on a recent blog entry (and an email to me from the commenter), I think it might be time to revisit the idea of a "group".

"TartanTim" asked if there was a "skeptics group" in Lambton County.  First of all, I'm not aware of any skeptical groups in the area (do you know of any? email me at sarniaskeptic@gmail.com) and I have, in the past, blogged about the interest in creating one.

I'm not looking to organize a group but I'd be willing to get involved/assist in one if someone is looking to get one together.  There are a significant number of people who get together on a(n) (ir)regular basis to just "shoot the shit". (I've defined "significant number" as any number greater than 2 for this item.)

If you are skeptically minded and would be interested in being notified about skeptical meet-ups/events in the Sarnia/Lambton County area, email me at sarniaskeptic@gmail.com.  Even better, if you are interested in helping organize one, send me two emails! 

Some suggestions for "the group" included co-ordinating/organizing "letters to the editor" in response to stupidity (errr.. irrational beliefs, lack of critical thought and misrepresentation of facts), working on fundraisers/public awareness campaigns, providing representation at community planning events/roundtables and getting involved in local events (ie. Paranormal Conventions *wink* *wink* Robbie Thomas (who is not psychic, by the way)).

No comments: