Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

I must apologize that I have been not at my blog for the last little while - I've been really busy (those who know me, know how busy).

There were a few comments that had to be "moderated" - a setting in blogspot requires that comments on old posts be approved and since I haven't been here, I hadn't approved them. They're all on the site now. Since I won't have a chance to respond to all of the comments (at least not right now), let me say this: It is time that you came up with an argument for the existence of god that hasn't already been demolished. I've read your books and it is time that you read some of ours. (I'm anxiously awaiting The Greatest Show on Earth by Richard Dawkins, too). The burden of proof is on YOU to prove your theory of a godhead. Evolution has undeniable proof. The earth is more than 6000 years old and we do share a common ancestor with all living organisms on earth. Get over it.

I just caught a couple new episodes of Bullshit (Penn & Teller, on Showtime) - the one on astrology was really good. Astrology is nonscience and it is easily disproven yet countless numbers of people still believe in it. Phil Plait (The Bad Astronomer) is in the episode (which, for many, is reason enough to watch it).

The episode on orgasms has a great part where Penn produces books by Dawkins, Dennett, Harris and Hitchens - I won't ruin it though, watch it yourself.

As I'll be on the road for the next couple of weeks, I'll be catching up on Skepticality - the official podcast of Skeptic Magazine.

When I get a chance, I'll post more thoughts.

No comments: